[DML] Hovercraft Project

Ok. I very rarely post on the list, and I even hesitated to voice my
opinion on this one, but I felt the need to just to get it off my chest. I
have watched Monster Garage since the initial airing, and the thought of
what they could do if they ever came up with a good idea for our cars kept
in my mind over the past months. When it popped up as an idea on the
making of" episode, my interest was definately piqued. When it was posted
on the list that it was happening, I was excited.

I am no longer excited.

When each of us bought our cars, we knew right away that we were joining
into a rather eclectic society. Many of us don't agree on whether we should
modify or not. Many don't agree on whether they should be driven at all.
In some cases, many don't agree on the true beauty of the car, even though
they own one. But we have all agreed at one time or another that we wanted
one, and wanted one bad enough to get one, or in many cases, research it
enough to know what we were getting into.

We are not "nerds"

The episode started off looking sabotaged. The team lacked even help on the
design, then was held accountable for it. The narrator had more respect for
the car than Jesse James did. Accusing Don and Rich of hamming it up just
to be on tv? There are easier ways to get onto TV rather than smashing up
classic cars.

Rich, Don; we are all sorry. You have always, and still continue, to bring
positive light to the DMC world. This looked like short of an ambush.

Yes, these are all just opinions, and I'm sure that there are as many people
who have the exact opposite opinion.

Yes, it's just a car. But it's a car that we all have put a lot of work
into and get a lot of enjoyment out of.

And on top of that, it's just a TV show.

One that I will not watch again.

Scott
16738, and very proud of it