VIN 20105

Big Lots was/is the retail arm of Consolidated International, the
company that "bought out" the factory and remaining cars. The
spare set of panels was always kept on hand in the states,
along with the tan interior parts. Jeff Abrams, who worked for
Consolidated at the time, instructed that the last car (VIN 20105)
would have the spare set of panels and the tan interior.
Apparently, they were somehow 'short" one door (the right one)
and had to have another one plated to use on that car. That is
why there is a color mis-match on that door.

As an aside, I have here a copy of a parts inventory report dated
February 1, 1983 which lists all the spare gold pieces and their
prices. I'll scan it and put it up later, but list price on a gold plated
door (part number GD-108495) was $24,286.78! A gold plated
wheel lug nut (GD-100181) was $40.29.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nelson, Allan"
<abnelson@xxxx> wrote:
> On that site, the seller describes #20105 as "This vehicle was
reskinned by
> Big Lots Stores as a promotional giveaway." This seems to be
contrary to
> the legend that this car being built at the factory with the "spare"
set of
> gold parts from the AE cars. Is the seller incorrect? Or is Big
Lots