Re: [DML] a little more idle work UPDATE

Re: [DML] a little more idle work UPDATE

List,

I have some new information that has me bewildered.
after talking to grady this morning, he recommended i return my wiring back
to stock on the switch and keep looking for the problem. i have done so.

it seems that when i put an ohm meter across the two terminals on my
microswitch, it opens and closes the circuit. however, when i have my wires connected
to it and i check for continuity on the switch, it will NOT open and close
the circuit. this would imply that i have grounds on BOTH ends of the switch
and thus the switch is rendered inoperable.

this was verified by connecting the alligator clip on my test light to the
battery aux terminal and then touching the tip to each wire that goes on the
back of the switch. BOTH sides will allow current to go to ground, lighting the
light up. one side of the switch is the black/green wire and the other is the
radio noise eliminator and the supposed ground wire.

This is probably not supposed to happen but i am not the best at reading
wiring diagrams. i see that on the diagram there is a diode between the switch on
the black/green side and the idle ECU. if this diode were missing or blown,
would this give me the problems i am having?

WHERE is this diode located?

Thanks for any info -
Andy