Re: [DML] clutch slave rod travel?

There are different types of slave cylinders. I've seen ones that push
on the clutch fork and others that push directly on the throwwout
bearing. In general, I would expect the slave cylinder "rod" to push the
clutch fork about an inch. This will change with different clutch fork
lengths and different pressure plates.

The stock Delorean master cylinder should be good enough to disengage
just about anyone's clutch; my Delorean master has half the throw than in
stock form, and engages/disengages a porsche slave cylinder/pressure
plate.

What I would be more concerned about is the resistance pressure- how hard
you have to press on the clutch to get it to release. I found that the
Delorean clutch pedal linkage has very little mechanical advantage. Hm,
this is an interesting thought for the PRV upgraders like DMCH. I bet
clutch slip will become a problem when upgrading the engines because I
don't think the Delorean pressure plate pushes very hard on the clutch.

Jim
1537

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:39:39 -0500 "at88mph" <at88mph@xxxx>
writes:
> I was wondering if anyone knows how far out the rod in the slave
> cylinder
> will travel with the clutch pushed in completely? (ie 1/2 inch, 1
> inch, 1
> 1/2 inch etc) Thinking about it, does the slave cylinder even have
> a rod or
> does it just push on the clutch fork?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Duke