SLOWING DELOREAN

A few months ago I highlighted my concern regarding my DeLorean, which,
while on a 1000k trip from Sydney to Brisbane, began to lose power,
reminiscent of running on about three cylinders. After stopping for 15
minutes or so and allowing the car to cool, it ran perfectly for the next
20ks or there abouts. Not much consolation considering I had another 300ks
left to travel and nightfall was already well established.

Getting the car fixed was not a priority as I had to return to Sydney,
however I discovered a Volvo dealership on the Sunshine Coast (north of
Brisbane) who are very familiar with the 2.8 litre engine and their service
is moderately priced. The company is called Volvo One Stop at 20 Stark
Lane, FOREST GLEN, QLD, 4556, Work: 07 5442 1011, Mobile: 0428 710 578,
Fax: 07 5442 1011, volvoonestop@xxxxx

Again, getting the car fixed was not a priority so I let Volvo have the car
for a couple of weeks. The problem turned out to be the fuel distributor
which was replaced and now the car runs and performs as it should. My 'D'
has low mileage and doesn't get driven as much as it should. This is
probably a contributing factor for the fuel distributor to break down as it
was full of scale and other crud. Good reason for continued use of a fuel
inhibitor, perhaps.

Lance Haslewood
Australia.