Re: [DML] British or American?

>From what i understand where ever the Mother company is located determines what kind of
car it is unless it was built for only one type of market. Example some Toyota's are
made in U.S.A. but the Mother company is in Japan so the cars are Japanese because they
are marketed and made in the U.S and the DeLorean was manufactured in Ireland but the
Mother company was in the U.S. so it is a U.S. car assembled in Ireland since the car
was not solely designed for the European market.

It doesnt matter who gave the cash to build the car it matters where the Mother company
is.

The Fiesta is a British car because it was built for and only for the British market not
like the U.S. version of the Fiesta (that turned in to the Aspire) that was solely
designed for the U.S. market.

The Jaguar and Aston Martin, Land Rover (including The Range Rover), Lotus are still
European cars not American unless they are only built for the American market.

So to make a long story short if the cars were built for a European market they are
European cars and if they are built for an American market they are American cars even
though the Mother company is in the U.S.A. or other regions of the world.

Mark
6683