Frying fuses

Dear List,
I recently came across an unusual problem. I never changed the temp
guage around but with the lower temps I decided to change over to the
warmer side. But when I did my radio and the AC console lights both
shut off and my windows won't go up or down. I hear a switch click or
something in the back and then everything does down.
When I check my fuses the one that is broken is the one that
controls all those parts. I replace it and I turn the temp around
again and the fuse breaks. Why is this happening and how can I stop
it?
Thanks,
Kramer
~#10610