Door lock warning

I finally got one of the label kits from DeLorean Motor Company and saw the
warning "Do not operate lock when doors are open." What exactly will occur
if the locks are activated on open doors? The reason I ask is because I'm
having an unusual problem with my door locks where the driver's side is
constantly trying to lock itself and no matter how hard I push it will never
move the lever to the fully unlocked position. It's not a problem with the
solenoid, it just physically won't move to the open position easily. Most
of the time I have to hold the lock open while I pull the door handle just
to open it, this only really happens in hot weather. One of the lock rods
is vibrating against the inner door structure and I think it may be bent.
I'm looking to replace the rear latch since I have an extra but I will get
to that in another post. I've got classes at night so I need the time
first.

payne
proud owner of #2975, sometimes she just won't let me leave her.

---