Re: Your Help Please?!

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Daniel Partridge" <
lunar_wolf2002@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello all.
>

> I am Daniel,in Las Vegas, and have been trying to acquire a
> Delorean for the lowest possible price, and have been unuccessful.
> Anyone living in or out of Vegas, please help if you can, I would be
> eternally grateful. Thank you.
>
> Daniel

When it comes to the classic car hobby, Las Vegas is perhaps THE most
unfriendliest place you'll find. Most everyone here that has a classic, or exotic
car of some sort has had to import it from out of state. Even I am no exception
to that rule. If it's not a Mustang, a Camaro, or a Corvette, you'll probably need
to look out of state, 'cause anything that does fit that descirption doesn't really
come up all that often. Moreso depending upon your budget, and what
condition you desire the car to be in (I choose a car that needed an extensive
restoration for example, for future customization later on).

Speaking of which, what are you budgeting for a car? We all naturally want to
buy things for the lowest price possible, which is what haggling is for. But if
you're budgeting for less than $14K or so for a DeLorean in Las Vegas, you're
probably not going to find it. The last time I saw one sell cheaper than $15K
was in 1997, and that was a basket case car on a dealer's back lot that didn't
even run. And yes, it sold.

There is another fellow list member here in Las Vegas that is intererested in
selling his car. The ad is in the Buy & Sell section of the DMC News website.
http://dmcnews.com/BuyNSell/dmcforsale.html
I've seen the car, and inspected it. And I can tell you now that the price that
he's asking for it is honestly worth every penny. But I've no idea if it's still for
sale.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"