Re: [DML] No Start

In a message dated 10/3/03 11:46:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
john_podlewski@xxxx writes:

> Help! put intake manifold back on, all vacuum hoses in correct order. But
> does not start pretty sure all fuel lines are on right. Just which one is
> the return line and which one is the feed line (large hoses) that is the only
> thing i have a ????. Other than that it just cranks. The car ran before, at
> least it idled anyway. What could be causing this, it must be something I did
> or did not do? By the way I checked the inertia switch and it does pump
> fuel to the F.D also the fuse is good.

the feed line comes from the Fuel filter up the driver's side, around the
back of the motor, and screws in the fuel distributer about the 2 o-clock
position when looking down on the distributor. takes a pretty large metric wrench.

do you have a fuel pressure gauge? i would hook it up and jump the RPM relay
and check your main line and control pressures and report back to us. also
you can check the rate of fuel return to the tank. pull out the return line in
the take and put it in a 1 qt jug. it should fill it up in 30 seconds i
believe? check the shop manual in the fuel section to be sure, i haven't had to
do this in like 3 years. but, this will tell you if you have a blockage in the
lower chamber and delivery system.

Andy