Re: [DML] Engine Swap-Out

>. How much extra weight did you put back
> there? Any?

The weight is actually about the same (within 20-30 lbs and probably less
than that since I took off most of the stock serpentine belt brackets due to
space) Chevy shows "shipping weight" being 434 lbs. Handling wise, I
haven't noticed any difference.

> The fact that you did this WITHOUT being an experienced mechanic is
> incredible.

Well, think about it this way. You're just replacing a engine. What I mean
is, your taking out an engine and putting another one in. You're not
tearing into the engine, installing cam, valves, rocker rollers, timing
chain, etc...you're just putting in something else. (if ya understand what I
mean) Knowing that there's enough space there to do it (and I did b/c
Darryl Tennerset and Mike Bell had done the swap so it must fit!) all you
have to do is find a way to mount it and wire it up. (well, there is more
to it than that, but I think you understand my point) Heck, for that
matter, you could go with an earlier 4.3 that has no computer and you
wouldn't even have to worry about that. However, the wiring is actually
really simple and you could easily wire any engine to fit into the
compartment. I just went with the 94 b/c there's more power and fuel
effectiveness by a computer controlled setup. Also, I was able to wire up
the OBDI connector so I can troubleshoot any problems I may have. I just
used the 'lambda' light for the 'service engine soon' light. If it throws a
code, my 'lambda' light comes on :) I was able to do the entire install in
9 months and could have it done alot sooner if I didn't hate cold weather
soooo much ;)

I also have to give ALOT of thanks to others such as Mike Bell and Darryl
Tennerset for their info and advice on the engine swap and most recently Jim
Strictland and Bob Brandys with their info on the Porsche tranny setup.
This is also a big factor when you can talk to others who have actually done
the swap to get info if you get stuck. They were invaluable with my setup
and I invite anyone who is thinking of doing this similar swap to call on me
if needed for info.

Thanks,

Duke