Starting and low idle

Ok I just got my car back from the shop and had a new idle ECU put in and
motor,
before this I have had a new fuel pump, water pump, accumulator, tune-up kit,
etc., done to the car,
I attend a college about 20 mins from my house, the drive is pretty straight
little traffic jams. I parked the car (not the first time this has happened)
to my class which is about 1hr 30min long. I came back out turned the key and
the car struggled. it wouldn't turn, so I tried again, the same thing. I tapped
the gas peddle and the car slowly came to life, but its idle was around 10
and didn't want to go higher until I hit the gas then everything was normal. I
stopped at a gas station shut the car off and I let it sit for about 5min came
back out and it was fine, it came right to life. The only thing I notice is
that usually (not all the time) the cooling fans are on as I shut the car off,
when the starting things happends.
Please help!!!

Darryl
5898