Re: idea for the group idle stuff

Hello,

Talking just within the realms of vacume leaks, im
slowly compiling my information on repairs that bring
the added benefit of closing up some of those leaks.
I dare say , as some people know, the techniques for
finding some leaks are unconventional and perhaps
dangerous.

The PRV has the potential to leak from pretty much
everywhere, however, ive found 99% draws air from
components on the top end. I figure i should have most
of it done by december. When the new valve covers are
finished and ready to go on it will give me the
opportunity to address my last vaccume problem i could
find. (the pipe going into the idle speed motor from
under the venturi) which right now I have rigged
temporarily not to leak)

All things being fair, ive come to the following
conclusion. (as all seals and gaskets on my car were
original)

after 22 years:

1 seals made by rubber O rings were not air tight at
all:
2 seals made by paper gaskets did have evidence of
slight leakage.
3 hoses for routing vaccume hold to the eye, but can
still be leaking
4 components that these hoses go to, could leak from
the components themselves.

more to come,

jordan 11613 (almost perfect idle)