Re: Trunk Latches

This advice works on the front bonnet latch and the rear engine latch.
First make sure that the bar goes into the center of the lock without
rubbing on the sides. If it does it can wear the bar and won't pop up.
Next make sure the release handle slides easily and the spring pulls
it back when you let go. It doesn't hurt to lubricate the cable once
in a while. Now in the latch is 2 springs. Shorten the smaller one 1
or 2 turns. On the engine cover adjust it so it doesn't rub on the
sides or the back. It won't pop up until you lift the sunshade and
then pull the release. For insurance you should add the "back-up
cable". It is a piece of stranded cable so if the release cable ever
breaks you can still open the bonnet (trunk).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757