Re: [DML] The Car that East Speedometers

Re: [DML] The Car that East Speedometers

Ok, a little more clarity on the problem.

The angle drive gears are turning. You can see that by looking where the
cable attaches.

The lower cable for all intents and purposes is brand new. It hasn't had a
working setup since it's been installed. You can watch the cable turn when
you spin the front wheel.

I unscrewed the upper cable and checked it out, and it is turning the speedo
itself.

When you manually turn the lower cable, it turns the speedo itself.

Normally, I would say it's the angle drive, but this is the 4th angle drive,
including 2 grady versions that this car has had. Every single piece of it
has been replaced, including the Lambda counter. My only thought I can
come up with is that lower cable itself is slipping in and out of the sheath
and not making direct contact, so when the angle drive spins, it pushes it
out. Any thoughts on this, and if so, a way to tie it down so to speak?
The speedo cable mount is installed on this car already. Thanks guys!!

Scott

.