Transmission-Clutch-Linkage Trouble?

List,

A while back I noticed stiffness when shifting into 5th gear. Then it became
a two hand shift to get the car into 5th.
Now I have noticed that the car is starting to kick me out of 2nd gear, and
sometimes when I try to shift quickly it just misses and grinds and I have to
make the jump from 1st to 3rd.
I replaced the cable that goes from the shift lever back to the transmission
last summer. That solved the 5th gear problem.
But now that problem is back and now I am having trouble with 2nd gear. Does
this sound like a transmission, clutch, or linkage problem?

Thanks
Willie Mack
Vin 5043