RE: [DML] No power at 4000 RPM

I found this message draft that I was putting together after I had power
problems with my car December 2002. The power would drop off above 4000
RPM. I played around with shim thicknesses but I think that I may have just
flushed a piece of debris from the fuel system. The car starts and runs
strong now and pulls up to redline. Perhaps this Winter I will get a chance
to fool around with it some more.

Scott

Below is the test readings I took while trouble shooting.

The injectors are new and were installed during my major tune-up last spring
(2002).

I increased the shim thickness and the new readings are;
1.7 Control Cold 50 F
5.4 Primary
3.0 Rest

2.0 Control Cold 70F ambient temperature
5.4 Primary Cold
3.0 Rest Cold

3.5 Control Hot engine warmed up
5.4 Primary Hot
3.2 Rest Hot

Original Shim
2.0 Control
4.9 Primary
2.9 Rest

Timing
13@Hot Idle
32@4000 RPM Total

The car runs fine now.

I'm not sure if it was the increase in pressure or if I flushed some piece
of trash out to the distributor.

Scott Mueller
002981
RNDOLA