Re: [DML] sylvania silverstar conversion

Re: [DML] sylvania silverstar conversion

I had an interesting "solution" the problem of acessing the headlight
tilt screws. I replaced the phillips head bolts with allen head bolts.
You can buy allen keys that have one end "balled" so that the allen key
will work from an angle, up to about 20 degrees. It really simplifies
working around the fascia. The allen bolts didn't have the notch in them
like the phillips, so I think I epoxied a nut on the allen bolt at the
proper spacing to "grip" the light for pull/push action. I might have
double-nutted. I forget. Of course, they were stainless, and they don't
strip out anymore.

Just thought I'd chime in because I was being a naysayer about the power
steering conversion :P

Jim
1537