Re: [DML] State Inspection

Rich,
I am currently applying for Maryland Historic plates for my DeLorean...however, historic plates does not exempt the vehicle from emissions testing. Any vehicle 1977 or newer must go thru the emissions. If you have found a way to bypass emissions testing, please let me know offline!!! Nor does historic plates eliminate the need for State inspection if the car is re-registered in the state. What did you mean that you don't have to fool with it...?

Jim in Maryland

cruznmd wrote:

Mike Cohee and I qualify for Maryland Historic plates and don't have
to fool with it thank God.

In Maryland if the vehicle is over 20 years old and the company is out
of business and the model isn't produced anymore, you qualify.

The 25 year applies if the company is still in business (like Ford).
I run into people in Maryland all the time who say "Hey! That's not
old enough!" because they don't research the law.

So...if you're in Maryland, read-n-heed. :)

Rich