Re: [DML] Re: Car Cover question??? Is Carcoon my best choice?

Re: [DML] Re: Car Cover question??? Is Carcoon my best choice?

You are right, the battery should be removed and the car should be prepared
properly for long term storage. Actually the Carcoon is really just for
winter storage or occasional vehicle use as the car's battery is an
intergral part of the system. The power that drives the fans is derived from
an A/C Charger/Adapter that trickle charges the battery and maintains
positive pressure (via fans) within the carcoon system. In the event of a
A/C power failure, the fans switch to the car battery and prevent the
carcoon from deflating for 2 days or so...presumably long enough for the
power to be restored. As for falling objects, this is where the carcoon is
at its very best. The manufacturer claims you can toss a 5lb hammer at the
sucker without it reaching the surface of the car! The inflated enclosure
is suprisingly ridgid and can really take an impact, top and sides. I had an
aluminum ladder (not a little step ladder...it was one of those two-stage
outdoor jobs) fall from the garage wall that would have caused MAJOR damage
during last winter but it just bounced off without a scratch on the car. It
only takes about a minute to get the car into the thing and five minutes to
inflate. The material is very tough and the whole thing will remain inflated
even with a one foot long slice in the plastic. It also has a "drying" panel
near the rear of the carcoon. This is used to dry your vehicle after a rain
or carwash. You just drive in, flip on the fans, unzip the panel and a
flow-through of air completely dries your car in a few minutes...even the
underside. It couldn't be easier. I can't say enough good things about it
and I wouldn't even consider anything else. You won't even notice a
difference in your electric bill. ($2.00 per month) I purchased mine in
Milan, Italy but I am told that DMC Houston is the USA distributor. There is
another slightly cheaper unit that is very similar that can be purchased on
the web as "CarCapsule". Pretty much the same thing with just one fan
instead of two.
Rustproof
Vin 1559