From: "schab932000" <schab932000@xxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Rough day on the Rally
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:40:53 -0000

..>Trouble began midway through. I was at a stop light and couldn't
get into first without some severe grinding. I knew something
was up, because the clutch pedal didn't feel right. ..When this happened, it didn't shift
properly. I should note it wasn't just a first gear issue. From a
dead stop, I couldn't shift into any gears without it grinding.

I had to turn the car off several times to get into first during the
rally. A few notes: Clutch and throwout bearing was replaced with
17,000 miles. It now has 24,000. The hydrolic line is braided
stainless steel, not plastic.

Please provide advice.

Now you would think one failure would be enough, right...

Not so. We decided to make a pit stop in the middle on Oswego
near a farmers field. We both go out and returned to the car. I
turned the key and the engine cranked fine, but wouldn't start. I'm
guessing the fuel pump since I didn't smell any gas, and I didn't
hear a buzzing noise from the fill cap when I turned the key.

Help again!

That did it, after waiting for the engine to cool (thinking it was a
hot start issue, with no results), the farmer came by and lent me
his cell phone to call the tow truck. Thanks mister farmer!