Changing Final Drive fluid

Hi. I've been preparing myself mentally for my purchase which looks
to be in January. I've been reading my parts and workshop manuals
and saw that on an automatic, (that's what I'm getting), there is a
final drive fluid that needs to be checked/changed. What my question
is: does this need to be changed as often as the trans fluid and what
type of oil is used for it? I didn't even know about it until I read
more of the workshop manual.

That what scares me the most - finding stuff I had no idea even
existed in the Delorean that needs maintenance.

Johnny