From: James LaLonde [mailto:deloreandmcxii@xxxx]
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 3:36 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Electrical help / Starting problem - I'm stuck

I've been looking over the electical diagram today, to no avail.

John Hervey - seems like this one is right up your alley.

When my key is the ON position my fuel pump does not charge-up.
( Not good, Should run for about a second in the on position, )

Therefor when I turn it to START it THEN primes-up and takes a
little longer to start the engine. I've done some looking. And the
RPM Relay doesn't close in the ON position. BUT once the engine is
started the RPM relay stays closed, and the car runs just fine.
(FP running when the engine is running is a sign that the pulse coil is
working, you seem to just have a problen when you turn the key to the on
position. )

Looking at the electrical diagram tells me that if in the ON
position, the wiper blades should work too.... they DO! so the
ignition switch is fine... as is the main relay. It's only the RPM
relay that seems not to work in that position. I haven't check the
other companants on the first fuse... I just now thought of that...
but it seem like there is very little to fail between the fuse the
RPM relay... especially considering the RPM relay (and everything
else for that matter) works fine AFTER the key snaps back into the
ON Position from START.
(At this point I would swap out the RPM and see if that works.)
John Hervey

Confusing enough for ya? Any help?? Anyone?

BTW, I finally caught that episode of Monster Garage... Nice job
guys!! Did WAY better than I ever could have done... But Eric took
the fun ride... That jump looked like great fun!!
Also... that One wheeled vehicle on the same show... that was cool.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,
James 004009

moderators@xxxx

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews