Re: Tuning Idle Speed Circuit. (was: Re: idle problem)

Re: Tuning Idle Speed Circuit. (was: Re: idle problem)

Is actually a bit more sophisticated than that:

Screw closest to air sensor plate lets air into idle circuit. Is where
final idle speed will be set at end of process.

Middle screw balances passenger side of engine.

Screw closest to U pipes balances driver side.

Need to balance both sides of engine for best idle. Will be similar
number of turns, but not necessarily identical.

Standing offer remains: have manual idle circuit setup procedure from
Volvo newsgroup I will send to anyone interested
(brobertson(at)carolina.net).

Fully agree that properly functioning automatic idle speed circuit is
hottest thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately mine wasn't
functioning properly. Actually became outright schizophrenic. Don't
miss it one bit.

Bill Robertson