RE: [DML] Re: Electrical gremlins... no power to coil

RE: [DML] Re: Electrical gremlins... no power to coil

I've tried several versions of that. 1) Pulled a spark plug and rested it
against the block and looked for a spark. 2) Unplugged the coil wire and
rested the copper tip on top of the coil and looked for a spark. 3) Ran a
jumper wire from the coil to just above the block and looked for a spark.

All 3 netted the same results.

By the by. Much like your neon tube test, you could hook a timing light up
to the coil wire as well. This I did not try. 3 out of 4 failed tests were
enough for me.