Re: Getting new tires--Special way to lift the DeLorean???

Re: Getting new tires--Special way to lift the DeLorean???

The best way to lift the Delorean is to lift it by the frame. It is
the grey metal under the car, not the dark fiberglass). The only real
problem you could have is if the car is lowered you might have some
trouble getting it started. I remember at one tech session we had a
lot of trouble with Dan "D's" car. He had it lowered and then he had
the side ground effects on the car! I do believe he cried when he
heard the noise!
Save the NCT's for E-bay if they have any usable tread left. Make sure
they don't overtighten the lug nuts. Some shops put them on so tight
you would NEVER get them off without an air impact. They should spin
balance them also. Check the air pressure yourself after they finish.
Look at the glove box door for the correct tire pressures. Most shops
never get it right. If the spare isn't holding air have them dismount
it and apply bead sealer. Don't replace the valves, only the valve
cores. Watch them when they do the front left wheel. If they are
careless they will lose the plastic drive cap and the speedometer
won't work. The lug nuts should be tightened in an alternating
sequence so you don't warp the rotor or rim. While it is up on the
lift check the 4 C/V joint boots and the tie rod seals, and the steer
rack boots. Any that are torn should be replaced soon.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757