New Tires finally on, and some Misc. Maint Items

New Tires finally on, and some Misc. Maint Items

I finally got my new Michelin Pilot's on today, WOW what a
difference. They replaced my worn out Yokohama tires. The Pilots
are a lot smoother and quieter than the Yokahama's were and the car
turns easier, although to be fair the Yokohama's were worn out when I
bought the car so I never got a chance to try them with good tread.
Do you rotate your tires side to side or just leave them where they
are for good? Yesterday I got to put the car up on a friends new
lift. Everything looked pretty clean under the car, I have a couple
tears in the tie-rod boots so they will have to be replaced, I think
I will pull the steering rack out and clean/re-grease it while I'm at
it. I tightened all the body bolts that hold the body to the frame,
I was also hearing a Thunk when turning sharp once in a while. All
but a couple were loose, I was able to access the passenger side rear
bolt through the air intake with the help of a swivel head spark plug
rachet. When I removed the charcol canister to access the rear bolt
on the drivers side I found a vacume cap had come off on the canister
so I replaced it while I was there. My front brakes have been
squeeking when you turn corners so I removed the front pads and
applied some Stop Squeek to the back of them, so far the squeek seems
to be gone now. Today I'm going to replace all the fuses in the fuse
box and clean up the fuse terminals as preventive maint. so
hopefully it won't melt down in the future. How is the trunk carpet
suppose to be attached to the car? Mine is just setting in the
bottom of the trunk but looks like it was once atached some how.
Just thought I would post what I've been doing for anyone who's
interested. Tom C.

Vin# 01063