Re: Fuel Pump

In general terms, if the fuel pump is inoperable, the car is
temporarily a paperweight. There are many reasons for fuel pump or
fuel delivery challenges, but one thing is certain ... the DeLorean is
very sensitive to adequate fuel flow. The reasons for a
non-functioning fuel pump include a blown fuse (#7 I believe), RPM
relay, tripped inertia switch, pump power relay, corroded wires at the
top of the pump (my personal favorite), etc. Fuel delivery is also
affected by the frequency valve, fuel pressure accumulator, fuel
filter, and any number of things in the fuel distributor. If the car
will start using starting fluid, but will not continue to run on it's
own, the fuel system is suspect. As you can see, it is then a matter
of tracking down the source of the trouble, starting with the specific
symptoms that you are experiencing. Give the List some specifics, and
I'm sure somebody has "been there ... done that". Good luck.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1 - with new pump and new power wires to the pump