RE: [DML] DELOREAN FRONT SHOCKS ON EBAY (Monroe & KYB)

RE: [DML] DELOREAN FRONT SHOCKS ON EBAY (Monroe & KYB)

You should be able to find it by searching.
But here is a summary:

from Kind Soul Who Responded #1:
Monroe gasmatic shocks (I beleive I'm reading the box correctly that it is
model "59016" GM) on the front wheels and they seem fine. They are about
$20 a pair at any auto store. My prior shocks were shot and very old if
not original. My D has only 6k on it. Its been driven regularly about 20
miles a month.

from Kind Soul Who Responded #2:
I used the following on the front. Gabriel VST LT Gas Ryder G63902 off a
Nissan ½ ton pickup 69-81 (requires space washers to fit)

So far... nothing to help me decide what to do. So I haven't yet; I'm still
working other gremlins and watching my alternator closely. It may jump to
the top of the list.
I wonder if I shouldn't replace my 22 year-old cut springs (cut 22 years
ago, too) when I replace my shocks. I probably should. Then I wonder if the
Mid-State DMC club's wouldn't be a little too soft. I want softer more
comfortable, but they might not be the best choice for the roads in my area
where drainage is more important than smoothness. Some driveways have
drastic inclines.

So what I would like to know about _everyone's_ shocks. If you have
experience with multiple types, then post on all and compare!
1. general ride quality
2. pothole handling
3. high speed handling
4. your car lowered or original height