Re: [DML] Digest Number 1618

In a message dated 8/11/2003 9:55:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

With all the debate about cars being scrapped (parted out) for various parts,
I have been wondering: are all replacement parts for deloreans on the market
original? I thought the texas facility was actually producing some parts,
because after all, they do completely refurbish DeLoreans. Which parts are not
being manufactured currently at all besides the main chassis/frame; I know they
don't make these anymore. Because I, like many, just shudder at some DeLoreans
being parted out. After all, only like 6000 are out there, and we can't "Live
the Dream" forever, but we can for as long as we have the parts to keep 'em
running. Maybe over time, the texas facility will make all the parts involved
for the DeLorean and some may do a "hot rod" project to build them from scratch!
But hey, let's be honest: we have no right to tell other owners what they can
do to their cars. We can persuade, and hopefully an owner will think long and
hard before doing such a thing. At the same time though, it isn't such a
horrible thing because at least that particular DeLorean being parted out is going
to keep other ones running. Now, if a De is going to a junk yard, THEN its
time to hollar! lol take care guys.

John C.

Subject: RE: Re: Parts Available