Re: [DML] Parting out Deloreans...

Thought I would add my to cents to the parts car discussion.

Rich W. has taken Ds that are non marketable and made them into various D display cars.

These Ds draw people and make the car more exciting.

The real issue here is that the parts are not going to waste.

I can not tell you the number of rare muscle cars that are just junked. I know a scrap yard that pays money for scrap (stolen?) aluminum rims. Some of the ones I have seen crushed are extremely rare, but I could not get the vendor to sell them to me. (once they are crushed they are not traceable. )

The fact that NO Deloreans are being scrapped is just a wonderful history that will make these cars last for many generations.

For example, I salvaged a burned out delorean. The only things left were the rolling chassis and the front fiberglass. Everything else was gone. Rich W. took the dented SS parts and restored them .

If the parts were being scrapped it would be a different thing. It this case they are not.

BOB