Re: [DML] rpm behavior

Just give this a try - it's easy enough to reverse.

Back off the rear two brass screws by 2 turns, then back off the front one by 1/2 a turn. This will give the engine something to breathe before the idlespeed can "catch up". If it idles too fast, snug the front screw down a little more - small moves on that can create big differences in engine behaviour.

Although the DMC manual says not to use the brass screws, the Swiss manual fo the Renault 30 , which used the same system, describes a procedure for setting everything up with the idle speed motor closed, getting it all working on the screws with the engine under no load. The ISM then reacts to positive changes in load only.

BTW I assume your 7500 was meant to read 750

Martin

dmcmike2002 wrote:

I may have a difficult time explaining this but i'll try. I have solved 95 percent of my idle issues but this one last little thing bugs me. I am reluctant to do anything drastic cause my car starts fine, has pep and idles pretty smooth. My question is when I take it out of gear (5 speed). On most makes of cars the RPM drops to the correct idle and settles where it should. On my car the idle drops below the correct idle (about 600rpm) and then "catches itself and goes up to about 7500 and idles pretty smooth.