Re: DeLorean problems

Very true - we need to reinforce this once in a while. I (like most
of us) went thru that same "fix all the neglected stuff" process for
the first year or two of ownership, at this point my car is so
reliable that it's almost boring (since I'm fascinated by working on
them!).

So I've been working on other local cars, just for the fun of it.
After completing the trans rebuild on Rich's Buick-powered car, I did
a frame/body separation on another car last weekend so that the owner
can do a frame-swap. We'll reverse the process when he gets the new
(stainless) frame built up.

Dave

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>
wrote:
> From reading posts on the DML the casual observer may conclude that
> Delorean is nothing but a bunch of problems covered by Stainless
> Steel. The truth is somewhat better than that. Many of
the "problems"
> can be traced to improper procedures done by less than knowledgeable
> mechanics for previous owners. When a "new" owner aquires
his "dream"
> the first impulse is to try to make a 20 + year old car look and
work
> like new. Depending on the car's history in many cases this requires
> undoing a lot of the previous work and doing a lot of neglected
> maintaince. I still see many cars running on ORIGIONAL cooling
hoses!