[DML] Re: Living in the Bermuda Triangle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Henry" <henry@xxxx> wrote:
> > And don't forget to hold the gas pedal down 1/4, to halfway while cranking
as well.
> > With a dead/> closed ISM, and closed throttle plates, the engine is choked
>
> It's funny you say this now, as this apparently was my "ignition" problem the
whole time. Until today, nobody suggested holding the pedal down a tad
while cranking and engine that won't otherwise start. Most every time I tried to
start the car, it was just reaching in and turning the key.

> -Hank

Yup. Holding the gas pedal down while cranking the engine is actually apart
of the starting instructions that come with the car from DMC. You can actually
take a look here at a copy of the instructions from the 2nd edition of the
Owner's Handbook, hosted on the DMC News site:

ftp://dmcnews.com/pub/ownmanr1.pdf

According to the Parts Catalogue, there's also supposed to be an information
label that gives instructions on how to start the car properly. But damned if it's
on my car...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"