From: Jeff Phillips [mailto:jeff.phillips@xxxx]
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 2:08 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Heads are on..

Just a quick update about #10544. The heads are back on and the
vehicle actually started up and ran, despite removing the
distributor without marking its position first. :) I'm really
impressed that the thing ran at all, all be it rough, the timing
seemed to be nearly correct waivering around 10'. I think that I
have a spark problem as the timing light frequently missed when it
was supposed to blink. I'll be looking in to that shortly. The
worst that has happened is that I overtightened the alternator belt
and siezed the bearings in that poor little fella. Its a blessing
in disguise as that alternator, I'm told, is off of a forklift and
sadly underpowered anyways. Unfortunately I have movers arriving on
Monday andd Tuseday to pack up the house and ship it all to
Mississippi (joys of the military), so I don't have time to order a
new alt from a vendor before I go. I'll be removing the alternator
belt just to allow me to drive the car onto the trailer for the
great journey south. I really wish that I would have been able to
get this thing running well before I arrived so that I could arrive
in style.

Jeff

moderators@xxxx

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews