pick up coil replacement...

..was a complete success.

I sent my distributor with the stripped nut to Rob Grady to repair and replace the pick up coil. He sent it back in record time. I popped it back in, placing the rotor exactly where it was when I removed it, and bolted downthe distributor in exact location that I had marked. Re-installed everything, hooked up the fuel lines, made a few "final checks" to make sure I didn't forget anything, and the engine fired right up and ran like a top for 10-15 minutes while I warmed it up. Even WITHOUT setting the timing, the engine seems to be running very smoothly (as good as it was before). I can rev it up to 4000 RPM and it's steady as a rock.

Thanks to all who helped - I appreciate this community without whom I wouldn't have been able to complete this fun project. It was a pain at times, sure.. but once everything just fired up and ran, it was a joy.

I do have one more question. Since I replaced the distributor and rotor inthe exact location (or as close as humanly possible), and the car is running very well, should I still go ahead and re-set the timing? How off can it be, if at all?

Thanks.

-Hank #1619