Idle ECU

I was asked about the symptoms...Here are the symptoms of 6530. First she
starts up perfectly all the time and every time. She idles at about 1200 for a
while then starts hunting up and down between 800 and 1200. If I disconnect
the ISM when it is at 800, it stays at 800. If I disconnect it when its up at
1200 it stays at 1200. (From my understanding this should be normal because
whatever position the rotary vane/valve is in when you disconnect power to it,
it should stay there...or is this not correct?) Anyway it idles smoothly with
no hunting when the ISM power is disconnected. I drove it in stop and highway
traffic for 40 miles this past weekend and I was satisfied. The only problem
was that since I had it disconnected at about 800 rpm, sometimes with the A/C
headlights cooling fans, etc., it would almost stall...but it never did. When
I started it up the next morning it started right up but stalled out unless I
feed it some gas until it warmed up.

I don't understand why you say the engine should die if the power to the ISM
is disconnected, unless it is meant to close automatically?

Dave & 6530