Re: [DML] Re: Oil sending unit blues

Hello all:

Was under the car today because of another problem,
Took a look at the unit. Indeed there is an adapter
and a copper seal. They look to be in good condition,
i dont forsee removing them to be a problem.
Today I have ordered the correct size adapter and
the cooper seal. If somebody knows how much oil I
stand to loose by removing and replacing this without
draining the oil let me know. If its not too much
(1+qt) ill get it on the lift the weekend the part
arrives. I cant see it being too much...

Does anyone NOT recommend doing this unless I empty
the oil first, or better yet, is there anyone out the
who does NOT recommend removing the oil filter and
putting it back on. (To make room to work and HOWTO
picture stuff.

The thing is, i want to get this done but just
changed the oil yesterday.

thanx

jordan 11613