Re: The drive-thru predicament

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Scooby <chinatown_film@xxxx> wrote:
> Now, in the light of a lot of discussion on this mailing list this query may
seem a little trite and trivial but it is one that a would-be DMC owner has
always wondered: how does the car fare in the drive-thru?

> Of course the car was designed well before the drive-thru's became
prevelent and thus the windor is of little help here, so is it just a case of
carefully driving through with your door up? Any tales or tribulations would be
welcome :)

Drive-thru's are not a problem at all in a DeLorean. It's the lack of cup holders
that'll kill ya! ;)

Pretty much, yes. You do have to drive up to the window with the door open.
That way you can visusally measure the distance between your door, and the
wall, in order to get your car as close to the counter as possible. Using this
method, I've never had to lean over much (if at all), nor get our of my car
when it comes to getting food, or paying a utility bill. But you would want to
open the door *before* pulling up, and not once you're at the window. Some
drive-thru's will use counters of different lengths, and some will have those
retractable drawers. And because they're all different lengths, you really don't
have anything to gague them by when it comes to door interferance. If the
counter is out too far, then you may not be able to open the door. Or if you try
to, you'll hit something. I learned that one the first time I went thru a drive-thru,
and almost hit the counter with my car.

Some times another factor that will cause you to have to open the door is a
crapy intercom. Normally, I can speak thru the window just fine, albeit in a
louder voice. But if their mic is on the fritz, or another car in line/other lane has
a loud exhaust or sound system, or you own cooling fans turn on... Then the
door is gonna come up, so you can yell over the noise.

Otherwise, a DeLorean is no different than any other car that you'd take to a
drive-thru, or any other errands. Well, with the exception of the attention that
you'll get!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"