Re: Slight leaking from auto trans.

Unlikely it is the case leaking. If you get a chance to see how it
is constructed and sealed there you will know why. More likely the
shift cable or the seals where the governor cables attach is your
leak. All of these points are typical leaks on the D Auto. The cable
is the most common. Actually, from my experience, the cable has a
100 percent chance. The fluid just travels to the lowest point so it
appears to be coming from the case. I have a brand new shift cable
on mine and it started leaking again in 5,000 miles. The fluid goes
right to the center of the case and drops. You can clean it up and
trace the fluid. Depending on how much you drive a little trans
fluid can look like a lot. If the trans is a little over full the
cable will tend to leak more because the leak happens when the car
is off. Mine has some drips but in another 2,000 miles it has not
been noticeable on the dip stick, just annoying at this point. So, I
am not going to mess with it for now. You could try some fresh fluid
and/or some professional type conditioner. Either one will probably
help the seals.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder@xxxx>