Re: [DML] Heli-coil How-to

Rich

> Now I don't care about the manifold. It's toast and I have a like-new
> set. I want to install a heli-coil in the head because I don't think
> there's enough metal left to tap it out.
>
> Anyone know how to do this?

Take a look at http://www.recoil.com.au/

They produce and sell an M7x1.0 heli coils. You can buy a kit for about $35 ... Recoil Kits contain a HSS tap, installation tools, 10 precision stainless steel inserts and instructions in a sturdy reusable container.

Contact details in the USA

USA: Fairchild Fasteners
1051 Third Avenue SW,
Carmel, IN 46032

Telephone (317) 846 8830 or
(800) 826 2884
Fax: (317) 846 8858 or
(800) 5-RECOIL
Email: sales@xxxx

Hope this helps

Chris S

Join Freeserve http://www.freeserve.com/time/

Winner of the 2003 Internet Service Providers' Association awards for Best Unmetered ISP and Best Consumer Application.