Working on a Delorean

Over the weekend, I went and helped Walter Coe with one of his Deloreans. He said I should write up an email about my experience and I figure why not.

As a non owner who is saving up, I had a wonderful time helping Walter swap out the steering column brushing and replace the steering shaft with a newer one. One thing I enjoy about the Delorean community is how helpful it is. The ability for a non-owner to help rebuild and fix problems on a car so things can be learned before getting one is very useful in my opinion. I'd much rather work with someone and help them on their car and learn things before I get one and end up causing problems. Walter took pictures for documentation and a write up. I am unsure where he plans on putting the write up at though.

I did find it interesting that it doesnt take many tools to take the car apart. Couple of wrenches, a screwdriver, bit of spray for the rusty areas and you can take most of the car apart. Now I just have to try to keep myself from buying a project car but aim for my original $16k mark as I dont have any place to do a project car.

Samuel