Re: AC Problem

>From the description of the symptoms it is very likely that there is
moisture in the system with the freon. When the moisture freezes up it
stops the flow of the freon. When it melts then the freon flows again.
This is exactly the reason it isn't always the best thing to just "top
off" the system with freon to get it running again. You MUST find the
leak or leaks, make sure there is enough oil in the system, and pull a
HARD vacuum to remove ALL of the moisture. Only then can you replace
the freon. Other possible causes are the cooling fans quiting because
of the circuit breaker, an under or overcharge of freon causing the
evap coil to freeze over.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bob Thomason" <rdt7@xxxx> wrote:
> I had an R12 recharge about a month ago and everything is working
great except for one annoying problem. After the AC has been running a
while, say 30 to 45 minutes, it will begin to blow warm air. If I cut
the AC off and then back on, it will begin to blow cold air again.
Sometimes I have to do this several times in a row to fix the problem.
This happens on either the Normal or Max switch setting. Any
thoughts/suggestions?