Re: [DML] R30 PRV Timed 10 degrees

Was talking to Darren earlier and the timing is not "retarded" but over-advanced in a stock DMC at idle to clean up the emissions. The vac solenoid thatcuts off the advance means that on a Ren engine, timing should be set up with the vac disconnected. In reality it doesn't make a lot of difference.

Busy playing with timing on a right-hander with Volvo ignition, finding its "sweet spot" around 8-9 degrees at idle.

Martin

content22207 wrote:

According to Martin Gutkowski's PRV buddy, my R30 PRV (Renault) should
be timed 10 degrees. I've tried it at 13, but performance suffers.
Slightly retarded (by DMC standards) timing and a 40,000 volt spark
give me a pretty good jump off the line, even though displacement is
only 2.5 liters.