Re: [DML] Venting outside air over engine

Re: [DML] Venting outside air over engine

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael T Twigger <marktwigger@xxxx>
wrote:
> Has anyone tried a roof intake? kinda crazy
<SNIP>

Roof vent adapted for the DeLorean would look really cool! An aftermarket kit
is available for the Fiero, and I'm sure that it could easily be adapted for the
DeLorean. Especially if someone was to perhaps intergrate it into the T Panel
on the roof (kinda like the S7). And I'm sure that it wouldn't be a problem to
install a snorkle thru the louvers. It's just that with limited visability thru the rear
as it is, the pipe would hamper a bit of your vision. Maybe if you made the
bottom section of the pipe clear... But I don't know if that would really even
help with the angle of the eliptical shaped pipe, or if a strong enough material
could be made that didn't discolor with the heat.

Then again, I'm just guessing about the visability problem, based upon my
own observations. I never drove a Fiero (let alone one with that intake), and
the problem of any visability might be overcome with one of those large,
curved rearview mirrors for trucks that JC Whitney and others sell. I've had my
eye on one of those for quite a while.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"