Important note about the maintenance howto's

Important note about the maintenance howto's

Hello all:

I will be updating the 1st howto with the corrections Ive received this week. Sometime next week it will be updated to the dmcnews site. Yes, an airfilter /airbox installation/removal is pretty straight forward. If your car Is in reasonably sound condition it should look pretty much just as Ive done it. This is not always the case , however.

People will find (with heavy graphic content) that over the last 20+ years the delorean varies from one to another, either due to non availability of parts, aftermarket addons, or plain old bad auto shop practices.

No howto is ever 100% accurate and should not be considered gospel. My experience with cars deals 99% with older Ford engines.
The Delorean is a new experience for me and it must be understood that terminology and procedures might seem obscure to the more seasoned owner or weekend mechanic.

These documents should always be considered a work in progress, and guide. NOT A TESTAMENT. I am not looking at the AIR/FUEL unit as the next item. Im still speaking with several poeple on the safety issues associated with playing with gasoline.

For the smaller stuff like the airbox, OIL, lambda sensors, and coolant changing and bleeding. I will do those in intervals as they are conducted on my own car.

i.e. i will take the picture because i change the oil. not change the oil to take the picture.

I do appreciate the spelling and grammar corrections too. English is on the short list of languages that i cant correctly write or speak.

thanx alot

Jordan Rubin 11613