Re: Dirt in the Intake

Remove the air filter box. Put on rubber gloves and spray some Brake
cleaner onto a rag. Wipe the throat of the air metering unit and
sensor plate till clean. Make sure air sensor plate is centered and
doesn't rub on the sides of the venturi. The air filter is not too
small, you just have to change it once in a while. If the fuel economy
is low it can be anything from the way you drive to the tire inflation
pressures to how long it has been since the last tune-up. Vacuum leaks
can also reduce performance and mileage. Same goes for worn spark
plugs, old ignition wires, and dirty fuel injectors. After replacing
all of the old or worn parts THEN you can have the mixture screw adjusted.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757