Receiver wiring harness equivalent

I've finally decided to break down and replace the stereo in my daily-
driver car with something from the current century.

I've purchased from Crutchfield before, and one thing they offer as a
freebie is a wiring harness connector that can be used to connect the
new receiver into the existing harness without having to hack
everything to bits. They have a selection of over 100 such little
connector sets to choose from.

Alas, the DeLorean is not listed as a recognized vehicle (not an
unusual occurrence for most DeLorean owners), so which wiring harness
freebie to take advantage of to splice into the existing harness is
not obvious.

Does anyone know whether the wiring harness connector for the in-dash
recceiver for the '83 model (ASI receiver) was also used in any
mainstream vehicle? Of the 100+ solutions offered, it would be
convenient if one of them had a compatible connector that could be
used to avoid hacking up the DMC's wiring harness.

Knut