Re: Digest Number 1520

Dear Kjell and other readers od DML,

I am an overseas member of the DOA, and I am a member for over 10
years now. My interest in the DOA was purely based on the DW
magazine, since there are not much activities in Europe, neither is
there a dutch chapter.
I also wrote articles that were published, but that was some time
ago. Over the years the tech articles, that were extensively
published in the nineties, disappeared and made room for
the "Owners" of the DW publishing their products. Now, I do not want
to overcritisize, as some people tend to do, but I think they make a
point. DW has an image problem, that should heve been eliminated. Of
course, you never can make everybody happy, but there are so many
people complaining about the club and the magazine, the board can't
be blind for aal those comments.
I personally think it's always nice to see great pictures of other
people's Deloreans and get the latest offers in parts, but I'm not
willing to pay $80.- a year for that. That information can be
obtained from the internet as well and practically for free. So from
this summer on I also will discontinue my subscribtion. Still
looking for a replacement, I'm open to suggestions.
When I joined the DOA was the only worldwide orginazation that made
a difference. I really hope they will come back, but I doubt it. But
thanks anyway for the magazines that helped me be a more happy
deLorean driver.
And to all of those that want to react, feel free to do so.

Kind regards,

Frank Lommen
The Netherlands
V.I.N. #006183
E-mail : dmc.frenkie@xxxx

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, myhrek@xxxx wrote:
> Re: (DML) Digest Number 1520, Message 11.
> In some quarters, said 'disappointment' has lingered for years.
Some of