From: James LaLonde [mailto:deloreandmcxii@xxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 8:17 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Another (but different) problem with starting.

Granted, my car startes GREAT compared to some... and to my old D.

But it take maybe 2 or 3 seconds of cranking or have my engine kick
over.
I think I know why... but not how to fix it.

Normally you should be able you turn the key to the 'click' before
START and hear the fuel pump energize, right? I cannot hear it. BUT
if i click the key over to start VERY briefly (not giving the engine
a chance to turn over) you can then hear the pump energizing over the
engine cranking if you listen closely. THEN if you try to start the
car again it fires up Perfectly (fuel system having full pressure now)

Any idea why this might be? It's not a huge problem but all the same
I'd like it fixed.

Thanks
James 4009

moderators@xxxx